Monday, February 21, 2011

Johan Santana Eyes Late June Return

Filed under: , ,

The Mets revealed an updated timetable for the return of injured staff ace Johan Santana Thursday. The four-time All-Star hurler suffered a torn capsule in his pitching arm and had to undergo surgery to repair it. If things go as planned, the Mets expect to have him back in late June.

From there, the question is if we'll ever see the old Johan again. Mark Prior and Chien-Ming Wang, for example, suffered the same injury and have never been the same. But that doesn't mean it will be the case for any player suffering the same malady. Each player is different and Santana is motivated to put it behind him.

"I've never been in this situation before, as far as recovering from shoulder surgery," Santana told MLB.com. "This is going to be different for me, but at the same time, I'm motivated. I want to recover. I want to come back, and I want to help my team as quick as possible."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/17/johan-santana-eyes-late-june-return/

Tiger woods Koby Bryant Michael Jordan Patriots Giants

No comments:

Post a Comment